Friday, August 24, 2012

How Time Flies

My husband is much better about keeping up with the blogs of our friends than I am - we'll just put that out there right away.  In reading the blogs of friends - he decided to hop over and look at mine - or lack thereof.  It's still out there mind you.  But I haven't posted an entry in over 2 years - YIKES!

His mention of my blog - and my current boredom at work - lead me to take a peak at it myself.  I have to say - I really enjoyed reading past entries.  Blogging really is a great way to journal your life and memories.  So I am going to rededicate myself to the cause.  I suppose the best way to start is to fill in the gaps.

1) Since I don't see a post regarding Addison I can only assume that I stopped blogging before she was conceived.  Robby and I are so blessed to have added this amazing little girl to our lives.  She is such a fun, loving and spirited child.  Just over 2 years old our red-headed daughter came into our world in June of 2010. 

2) We still LOVE living in Texas!  It's greatness to be so close to family. The Lord has blessed us in so many ways with this move.  In reading past entries I can see now that what might have looked like pure craziness to pick our family up and transplant them half way across the country was a very successful exercise in having faith on where the Lord is leading you.  Robby and I both love our jobs and have been so fortunate to develop a good network of friends. 

3) Emma will start the 1st grade on Monday.  We went to Meet The Teacher last night and it looks like we've got another winner!  We have had an amazing experience at Mt Peak Elementary thus far and it looks very probable that this will continue.  It was such fun to see Emma get all excited to see her friends and teachers from last year.

4) OK biggest news of all - In 5 days or less Joshua Robert William will join our family.  Robby and I are thrilled to welcome a little boy into our family!!!  I'm due to "pop" (as anyone will tell me) any day and he has until the 29th to come on his own or we're posting the eviction notice.  Updates and pictures to follow soon!!

It's amazing how fast time flies - 2 years has passed so quickly and so much has changed.  Then again - so much hasn't: I'm still deeply in love with my husband, my children are the bright lights of my life and God continues to bless me everyday!  I'll be adding new pictures soon - and I promise to post more often.  With a life so rich and full - it seems a shame not to share it.

No comments: