Thursday, September 11, 2008

And So We Begin...

After much prompting by friends and seasoned bloggers....we are starting a blog of our own. Where do you start? At the beginning I suppose....

Robby and I have been married for almost 4 years and have 2 beautiful daughters; Emma who is almost 3 and Katy, 10 months. We lead pretty normal, average lives in sunny California; which translates to barely being able to afford living in said beautiful state. If I hear one more person say "...well but the weather here is great..." I'm going to kick them. Who wants to pay $500k for a home in a place where it's sunny alot? The sun shines in other parts of the country and you can afford to enjoy it!!!! I digress...... Robby and I are hoping to move our family to Texas so that we can be closer to our family. Grandparents start getting antsy when they go too long without seeing their grandbabies....and it really stinks never having a babysitter (ha ha - just kidding!).

Being the parents of two little ones means that there's always fun and interesting things being said and done that we would love to share with all of you. We hope that this blog is a way to keep those we love a closer part of our daily lives as we navigate through the maze of being married with children. Also, one of the neat things I have noticed from other friends who are avid bloggers is the way that they have met new people who share similar life experiences. There are amazing people in the world and you never know who you might cross paths with and how you can positively impact someone else's life or how they can impact yours.

So to kick things off I'll share with you the experience that told me it was finally time to get started down the blogging road: Each day after work one of the first things I do is change out of my work clothes. I was all done and about to leave the room when Emma locates one of my bras, puts it on (under her dress mind you) and explains to me: "Mommy, I need this so my boobs don't fall out." Huh - so that's what those things are for....you learn something new everyday.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love that little girl! Glad you FINALLY started a blog...:-)

angelforlife77 said...

I think that you should start at the VERY beginning. When you and Robby met! In my mind that is one of the most romantic stories I have ever heard!! I look forward to reading more.

Tara said...

Well, well, well...look who I found :) ha ha ha... I predict that you shall get blog addicted :)